With a few touches in the shades of sky and sea, you can renew your home by betting on blue. Get some ideas below on how to refresh your personal space by adding some notes of this refreshing colour.
Pair it with other earth colours and elements
Since blue is a common colour seen throughout nature, it tends to work well in outdoor-inspired spaces, like this glass-surrounded bedroom. White walls, wood frames and a slight punch of colour are all that’s needed in a space. There is no such thing as much blue.
Follow the 60-30-10 rule
When decorating a particular room, divide the colours into percentages: 60% of a dominant colour, 30% of a secondary colour, 10% of an accent colour. Perhaps it is the human tendency to see an overall theme in the 60 percent hue, unifying the coloration. The 30 percent provides visual interest and the 10 percent, not unlike jewellery, provides that little sparkle. True blue—whether of the sky or navy variety—is one of the most versatile decorating hues. Try pairing with rich, earthy colours to anchor the scheme.
Different shades of blue work for different purposes
- Woven blue accessories add warmth and casualness.
- Baby blue can act as a balanced neutral. Shades of pale blue inspire calmness and relaxation.
- There is nothing classier than blue and white – a classic combination that gains in freshness.Black gives the classic blue-and-white combination a bit of drama and edge.
- Sky blue doors and the blue print wallpaper add a feeling of cleanliness
- Crisp dark blue adds a feeling of refreshment. Always remember that deeper shades of blue are accentuated best with paler colours.
- Very deep shades of blue offer a scholarly touch.
Source: Property Finder