Get ready to whip out the decorations and the green sweaters because the festive season of Christmas is almost here! As the month of November comes to a close – schools, retail stores, restaurants and malls across the city are gearing up to celebrate Christmas with stunning decorations and activities. If you were looking for the best places to celebrate Christmas in Dubai – you’ve landed at the right place! Here is our list of the best 19 Christmas events in Dubai for all ages.
KIDS ACTIVITIES FOR CHRISTMAS IN DUBAI
Christmas season is always a great time, especially for children in the city. This year, there are tons of kids events for Christmas taking place in many of the nurseries and schools in the residential communities. The Arabian Ranches clubhouse, Mirdif and Jumeirah will all be hosting a range of Christmas activities for kids, where they will get a chance to meet Santa Claus, participate in carol singing and take part in games to win some amazing gifts. So if your family won’t be travelling during Christmas this year, make sure to keep an eye out for announcements in your community or your child’s school and get them involved with these activities. For now, here are the following venues that have family-friendly Christmas activities for in Dubai.
1. SANTA’S GROTTO AT MAISON MATHIS
First up on our list of activities for Christmas in Dubai, we have the Santa’s Grotto at the Maison Mathis restaurant in Arabian Ranches. Their Winter Wonderland 2018 edition will be featuring a meet and greet with Santa every Monday, where kids will get a chance to snap a picture with him and if they’ve been good all year – they even get a chance to get a free gift! So if you are living in Arabian Ranches, you can take your kids here and give them a chance to celebrate Christmas in Dubai with Santa.
- Every Monday (3, 10, 17, 24 December) 3pm – 6pm
- Maison Mathis, Arabian Ranches
- Free and open to all
- +971 4 450 1313
2. ELF EDITION WINTER WONDERLAND AT DUBAI BRITISH SCHOOL
For the families living in Emirates Hills, head on down to the Dubai British School (DBS) for their festive winter market. Kids will get a chance to meet Santa, take pictures at the Snow Globe photo booth and also try their luck to win some prizes at the Naughty or Nice Wheel of Fortune or the Rockefeller Game Zone. You will also get to see the nightingales of DBS perform groovy Christmas carols. Parents will also get a chance to stock up on some unique hand-crafted Christmas items at the crafts stalls. With such a grand itinerary this is definitely one of the best places to visit to celebrate Christmas in Dubai with your kids.
- 6 December 5-8pm,
- Dubai British School, Emirates Hills
- Free and open to all
- +971 4 361 9361
3. FESTIVE MARKET AT BABILOU NURSERY IN UMM SUQEIM
Next, on our list of Christmas events in Dubai for kids, we have the community winter fair in Babilou Nursery. This event will feature loads of kids activities that range from crafts stations to gift stalls and other fun activities for all the children who are attending.
- 5 December 3-6pm
- Babilou Nursery in Umm Suqeim
- Free and open to all
- 800 6877379
4. FESTIVE COMMUNITY FAIR AT KANGAROO KIDS NURSERY, UMM SUQEIM
If you are residing in the Umm Suqeim community, you have another amazing place to take your kids to celebrate Christmas in Dubai. Kangaroo Kids Nursery is hosting a free Christmas event for kids which will include activities such as cookie decorating, toy swap, junk modelling and much more. Kids will also get the chance to meet Santa, Elsa and Olaf. You’ll also get a chance to take a fun Christmas-themed family photo with the photographer too!
- 8 December 10am – 1pm
- Kangaroo Kids Nursery, Umm Suqeim
- Free and open to all
- + 971 4 395 5518
5. GINGERBREAD HOUSE MAKING AT ARABIAN RANCHES GOLF CLUB
Does your little one enjoy painting and designing? If they do, take them over to the Waters Edge at the Arabian Ranches Golf Club. Kids will get to learn how to decorate and build their own gingerbread house from the talented culinary team. There are fantastic prizes to be won and the day will be full of laughter and creativity.
- 16 December 4-7pm
- Water’s Edge, Arabian Ranches Golf Club
- AED 135 per child
- +971 4 366 4700
6. FIVE LITTLE DUCKS CHRISTMAS PARTY IN TOWNS CENTRE
The kid’s retail store in Town Center known as Five Little Ducks is also joining in for the Christmas celebrations in Dubai. Some of the activities they will be conducting include gingerbread decorating, candy cane making Christmas themed crafts stations and a special visit from Santa too!
- 6 December 2-5pm
- Five Little Ducks, Town Centre Jumeirah
- +971 4 344 3012
7. THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS AT THE MADINAT THEATRE DUBAI
The Madinat Theatre is showing the heart-warming play of ‘The Night Before Christmas”. The story is of a tiny mouse named Eddie who sets off on a journey to understand why only humans get to celebrate the holiday season. The 50-minute show is perfect for families with children between the ages of three and seven and features original music and audience interaction for a wholesome festive experience. Tickets for the show can be purchased online from the Virgin Megastore website.
- Madinat Jumeirah
- 7 December shows at 11am, 1pm and 2:30pm
- 8 December shows at 11am, 2:30pm and 4:30pm
- Ticket Prices: AED 60 balcony, AED 80 stall, AED 95 VIP
- Recommended for families with children 3-7 years old
8. MALL OF THE EMIRATES CHRISTMAS EVENTS
Another mall offering a festive experience is the Mall Of The Emirtes (MOE). To celebrate christmas in Dubai they are offering unique bespoke entertainment, with music, shopping, stunning décor, and ofcourse a special meet and greet with Santa! If you are living near or in the Al Barsha community, MOE is the closest places to visit with Chrsitmas celebrations.
- 7 – 25 December 2018
- +971 4 409 9000
9. CHRISTMAS ACTIVITES IN MERCATO
Looking for a world of magic? Visit Mercato this festive season and enjoy a spectactual line-up of events that include live entertainment, children’s workshops and roaming parades, guarenteeing fun for the whole family. Kids get a chance to meet Santa and his elves at his grotto and even create their own snowman at the workshops.
- 6 – 23 December 2018
- Mercato Mall
- +971 4 344 4705
10. CHRISTMAS CELEBRATIONS IN BURJUMAN MALL
BurJuman is joining in the celebrations with their award winning event called “A Very Brr…Juman Winter”. The mall will be transformed into a winter wonderland, complete with stunning seasonal décor, magical photo opportunities and loads of complimentary fun activities – little ones aged 4-12 can frolic in the snow, participate in a ‘dress a snowman activity’, arts and crafts and more! There will also be an Ice Skating Rink opposite Matalan, where kids aged 4 to 12 can enter free of charge.
- 6 December 2018 to 10 January 2019, from 2pm-10 pm
- Main atriums on level 1, Burjuman Mall
- +971 4 352 0222
11. CHRISTMAS EVENTS AT WAFI MALL
WAFI Mall is also joining in for the celebrations with a list of events that includes animated displays, Santa’s Grotto and tons of christmas themed kiosks. The very festive ARTE Market will also be taking place here so make sure to pay a visit. Here is the line up of christmas events for kids at WAFI mall.
6 December 5pm onwards
7 – 15 December 9am-10:30pm
16 – 24th December 8:30am-10:30pm
ARTE, The Makers’ Market
16 – 22 December from 10am – 8pm
- 6 – 22 December 2-5pm
- WAFI Mall
- +971 4 324 4555
EVENTS FOR CHRISTMAS IN DUBAI
Here are a few more things to do for Christmas in Dubai that both parents and kids can enjoy
12. CHRISTMAS PARTIES AT IRISH VILLAGE
To get into the Christmas spirit, head on over to the Irish Village because they have a spectacular lineup of events to ring in the festive season. From a festive buffet with Christmas delectables to tree lighting ceremony – Irish Village is definitely one of the must-visit places to celebrate Christmas in Dubai. The best part about celebrating it here is that you can get your kids along to join in the fun too! Santa will be handing out gifts and you can take pictures are the tall Christmas tree. Advanced reservations must be made to attend the Christmas lunch at Irish Village, so hurry and book your slot!
- 25 December 2018 12pm-4pm.
- Irish Village
- AED 199 for Christmas Buffet & AED 99 for children under 12 years including a gift from Santa
- +971 4 282 4750
13. CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING CEREMONY AT FAIRMONT THE PALM 2018
Going for a Christmas tree lighting ceremony is one of the most popular things to do for Christmas in Dubai. If you want to experience a great Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Dubai, head on to the Fairmont The Palm’s annual ceremony. It’ll be full of surprises but plenty of festive cheer, Christmas tree lights, carolling and complimentary festive treats with soft beverages will definitely be there.
- 5 December 2018 5pm-7pm
- Fairmont The Palm
- Free and open to all
- +971 4 457 3388
14. NUTCRACKER AND I AT THE DUBAI OPERA
Next on our list of things to do in Dubai for Christmas is taking a trip to the Dubai Opera to enjoy Pianist Alexandra Dariescu bring her innovative multi-media performance of The Nutcracker and I. You’ll get to see the story of The Nutcracker is brought to life with exquisite hand-drawn digital animations projected on a gauze, while the grand piano will be played by Dariescu herself.
- 12 December 6pm and 8:30pm
- Dubai Opera
- From AED 125 onwards
- Children below 12 years get 50% discount!
- +971 4 440 8888
15. CHRISMAS CELEBRATIONS AT ARABIAN RANCHES GOLF CLUB
Alongside the gingerbread house making event, there are tons of other Christmas events at the Arabian Ranches Golf Club. They feature some of the best deals for Christmas lunches and dinners and also a fun quiz night. If you’d like to book, just contact them on +971 4 366 4700.
Here is the schedule for their 2018 Christmas events in Dubai
- 11 December – Festive Quiz Night (7pm-2am, Ranches Resturant)
- 15 December – Christmas tree lighting ceremony (6pm-8pm, Ranches lobby)
- 16 December – Gingerbread house making (4-7pm, Water’s Edge, AED 135 per child)
- 24 December – Festive Christmas Eve Dinner (6pm-10pm, Ranches Resturant, AED 285 adult AED 170 child)
- 25 December – Festive Christmas Lunch (12pm-4pm, Ranches Resturant, AED 330 adult AED 185 child)
16. VISIT THE CHRISTMAS MARKETS IN DUBAI FOR 2018
If you are looking for something that all ages can enjoy, the following winter markets in Dubai have a range of activities that are perfect for everyone and will give you the most authentic Chrismas experience. There will be Christmas tree lighting ceremonies, stalls where you can buy Christmas presents, visits from Santa Claus and much more! Here is a list of the winter markets in Dubai that you can check out.
- 4 – 21 December – Habtoor Palace Christmas Market (3pm-midnight, free)
- 20 – 28 December – Winter Market at Jumeirah Creekside (12pm-3pm, 23 and 26 December 3pm-late, free)
- 20 – 28 December – Fort Island’s Festive Market at Madinat Jumeirah (12pm-3pm, 23 and 26 December 3pm-late, free)
BEST CHRISTMAS PARTIES IN DUBAI
Well, it’s already established that there are plenty of things to do Dubai for Christmas 2018. But here are a few events you can check out, without the kids if you want to take the festivities up a notch.
17. LOCK, STOCK & BARREL CHRISTMAS PARTY
First up on our list of the best Christmas parties in Dubai, we have the festive brunch at the popular bar Lock, Stock & Barrel (LSB). Running until the end of December, you will get to enjoy a delectable spread of dishes along with two hours of free-flowing house beverages. You can head to any of the two LSB branches to avail this amazing Christmas deal in Dubai.
- Daily until 31 December
- Grand Millennium Hotel, Barsha Heights / Rixos Premium Dubai JBR, The Walk
- AED 349 including house beverages
- JBR – +971 4 392 7120 / Al Barsha – +971 4 514 9195
18. LADIES DAY DEALS FOR CHRISTMAS AT NIKKI BEACH
Looking for some exclusive Christmas events in Dubai for ladies? Celebrate Christmas day in Dubai at Nikki Beach Dubai with their exclusive winter wonderland offer. You’ll get to enjoy live music and some amazing ladies deals with drinks and food. The usual Tuesday ladies day deals at Nikki beach are priced at AED 130 and ladies can enjoy six complimentary beverages. Reservations are recommended so if you are heading down there on Christmas day make sure to call in advance.
- 25 December 11am-9pm
- Nikki Beach Dubai, Pearl Jumeirah
- +971 4 376 6162 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
19. MCGETTIGAN’S CHRISTMAS PARTIES 2018
Want to enjoy Christmas in Dubai in the best way possible? This next feature on our list of the top parties for Christmas in Dubai is definitely one to check out. All the branches of McGettigan’s Dubai have a spectacular lineup of events to ring in the festive season. You can expect a live DJ alongside a sumptuous buffet with house beverages and tons of fun! Reservations are recommended, make sure to contact the branch before heading over to these Christmas events in Dubai. Here is the list of Christmas parties at McGettigans this year:
McGettigan’s JLT: +971 4 356 0470
- 7 December – Jingle Bell Brunch (12-5pm AED 230 and post-brunch drinks package from 5-8pm AED 199 )
- 13 December – Annual Christmas Jumper Party (Free, from 6pm, in collaboration with Loving Dubai)
McGettigan’s Souk Madinat Jumeirah: +971 4 447 0219
- 12 December – Annual Christmas Jumper Party (Free, from 6pm)
- 14 December – Jingle Bell Brunch (12-5pm AED 375 and post-brunch drinks package from 5-8pm AED 199)
McGettigan’s JBR: +971 4 318 2580
- 12 December – Annual Christmas Jumper Party (Free, from 8pm)
- 24 December – Christmas Eve at McGettigan’s (5-11pm, AED 200 with two house beverages)
- 25th December – Christmas Day lunch and dinner (12-3pm lunch, 6-9pm dinner, AED 400 per person)