Dubai is a city that is known for offering some of the most unique experiences no matter what your tastes are. One of the most exciting experiences for aquaphiles in the city are the spectacular yacht cruises in Dubai Marina. The lifestyle of Dubai Marina is centred around living beside yachts, so of course, this is the place you should head to if you want to experience a boat cruise in Dubai. Today, MyBayut explores the market of yacht rentals in Dubai Marina to tell you all about the booking process, as well as give you a list of six of the best types of yacht cruises in Dubai Marina that are perfect for any occasion!
5 TYPES OF YACHT CRUISES IN DUBAI MARINA
These are the five different types of yacht cruises in Dubai Marina which you can book, depending on the type of event or experience you are looking for. They are as follows.
1. SIGHTSEEING YACHT CRUISES
If you want to cruise along the stunning blue waters of Dubai and experience iconic sights of the city’s major landmarks, the sightseeing yacht cruise is what you should go for. Popular with both tourists and residents, the sightseeing yacht cruises in Dubai Marina tour around Dubai’s most iconic landmarks such as the Atlantis on Palm Jumeirah, the Burj Al Arab, the “The World” Islands and even the newly opened Bluewaters Island. The sightseeing boat tours in Dubai Marina offer a great opportunity to view the city’s landmarks from a unique vantage point. They usually are around 2-3 hours long and can be booked for an hourly rental price which is dependent on the number of people and if it’s a private or shared tour.
- Duration: 2-3 hours
- Price: AED 250 – 350 per person or AED300 – AED 500 per hour
2. PRIVATE YACHT CRUISES
Ever wanted to book an entire yacht to yourself and party the night away? Well, whether it be for a party with a large group of people or a romantic date for two, there are plenty of vendors offering private yacht rentals in Dubai Marina. Depending on your budget and the number of people, you can either hire a small private yacht or a large party boat; there are customised sunset boat cruises available too! Depending on the package you take when hiring a private yacht in Dubai Marina, you will have refreshments included and you can take part in activities such as swimming or snorkelling. You will also have an experienced captain and crew member to accompany you on the cruise when you hire a yacht in Dubai Marina.
- Duration: Minimum 2 hours
- Price: Based on the size of the yacht
3. YACHT PARTIES
Partying on yachts is an experience that you can mostly see in movies but Dubai is a city that turns dreams into a reality and the Dubai Marina yacht cruises do just that. The yacht parties in Dubai are some of the sought after events to be a part of during Christmas and New Years and what’s even better is that these come with food and beverages included!
- Duration: 2-4 hours
- Price: Based on prices offered by the organiser
4. YACHT BRUNCH & DINNER CRUISES
Another kind of yacht tours in Dubai Marina includes luxury dinner cruises. Over here you get to dine from a sumptuous buffet and sample fare from the live cooking stations while cruising on the relaxing waters of Dubai Marina. These usually take place on larger yachts which have air-conditioned decks where the lavish dining arrangements are spread out. Alongside the extensive buffet guests also get to enjoy music and live entertainment too!
- Duration: 2 hours
- Price: AED 250 – AED 450 approx
5. FISHING YACHT CRUISES
This is one is for those who enjoy a spot of fishing in Dubai. You can find many vendors offering yacht rentals in Dubai Marina for fishing that tour around the area before taking you out into the sea. Although you won’t be fishing in the marina itself, these boat cruises are the perfect opportunity to get a glimpse of the stunning towers in Dubai Marina. Depending on the package you book these fishing sailing trips from Dubai Marina usually last for 4-5 hours and come with refreshments and fishing equipment such as rods and bait. But if you already have your own fishing equipment, you can bring it with you and reel in the catch of the day!
- Duration: 3-4 hours
- Price: Based on the size of the yacht
WHERE TO BOOK A DUBAI MARINA YACHT?
As you can see there are so many different types of water tours from Dubai Marina that you can experience. If you’d like to book a yacht, here are some vendors you can contact:
- Xclusive Cruise – +971 4 457 3185
- Asfar Yacht – +971 4 255 5143
- Royal Blue Coast Yachts – +971 56 380 3666
- Day and Night Yachts & Boats Rental – +971 4 330 8787
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN GOING FOR A DUBAI MARINA YACHT CRUISE
Now that we know all about the different types of boat cruises in Dubai Marina, here are a few things you should keep in mind if you want to book yacht in Dubai Marina.
- Yachts come in various sizes. The type of yacht you hire will be dependant on the size of your group – the bigger the group the bigger the yacht.
- Yachts in Dubai Marina also come with washrooms and bedrooms, just make sure to check with the vendor
- Yacht rentals in Dubai Marina are booked usually at an hourly rate. Make sure to plan the event itinerary of the cruise beforehand so that you won’t fall short on time at your own party!
- The boarding time and location will be specified to you when booking a yacht cruise. Just make sure to arrive 5-10 minutes before your allotted time at the location to ensure that there are no delays.
- Make sure you and your entire group have their ID cards such as Emirates ID or passport copy with them when on the cruise.
- Dress comfortably – You want to be able to enjoy the experience in the best way – it’s best to carry a light sweater if you will be going for a night cruise as the winds can make it a bit chilly. Since the boat will be moving, consider switching from wearing high heels to flats or sandals.
- Experiencing seasickness is a possibility when going on a yacht cruise. It’s advisable to carry some medication as a precaution if you think you may feel seasick.